Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Art Journaling Challenge with Altered Junk

You might have noticed that I talk about Altered Junk and the lovely ladies at Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations quite a bit.  Well, they are now hosting challenges for any folks interested in art journaling.  This month's challenge can be found on my friend Inger's blog here.  So head over there and have a look.  She has a really cool freebie for you too!

I had a lot of fun with this challenge.  I started out with one page and before too long realized I had to make two - one for me and where I am and one for my family.

Here is my page:


Ingredients:
background: 
Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations Paper Set 30 - Process Paper Set 1 page 5 and Dana Zarling: Urban Girl Paper Pack
extras:
Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations Altered Junk Halloween Paper (on lady)
Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations Altered Junk Cutouts 2 (lady)
Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations Altered Junk Challenge Freebie #1(rainbow, crown, and path)
Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations Altered Junk Mini Kit # 6 (goggles)
Tallula Moon Designs - Frosty Chill glitter borders
font - Pea Andrea


It celebrates the change in vision I have had this year and how I am no longer afraid to be the person God created me to be - no more pretending, no more masks, just me plain and simple (OK - so I am not so plain and simple - but you know what I mean).

This page I made with my family in mind:

Ingredients:
Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations Altered Junk Challenge Freebie #1 (rainbow)
Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations Altered Junk Messy Splats 2
Polka Dot Chicks and Soto Creations Altered Junk Mini Kit 8 (paper)
Tallula Moon Design - Frosty Chill Gliter Borders
font: Pea Breathe Easy


It is simple on purpose, and it celebrates the fact that as a family we have been through so much together, and yet, we are still here.  I had a lot of fun with photo extraction on this one.  I am telling you, each new page I do helps me to learn a little more.  This is so much fun!

Well, hope you visit Ms Inger and have a go at the challenge - it is really fun, and you get a nice prize for participating.

Happy Day!

1 comment:

  1. Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the great effort.



    Feel free to visit my web-site - read more

    ReplyDelete